Fair Trade is a voluntary program utilized by coffee importers and food companies to create an alternative market for traditionally disadvantaged producers in developing countries, usually small scale farmers. The components include:
- Targeted purchasing of coffee through democratically organized farmer
- Agreed upon commodity floor prices that provide for a dignified
- Direct exports by producers;
- A promise by importers to make affordable credit available to the farmer
- A world-wide network of non-profit certifying organizations;
- A fee paid by importers and wholesalers to cover the cost of
- A seal that assures consumers that the product was fairly traded.
Click here for source.
Don't live in Boston? Enjoy their coffee and other products shipped right to your front door! Click here to shop Equal Exchange online.
Thank you for your efforts, Equal Exchange!
Happy shopping everyone!
G.Q., N.H., and S.O.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO WORLD VISION'S FUND TO AID SEX TRAFFICKED GIRLS.
Because I am not my own but was bought with a price,