Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 13: for Boloztuya

On Friday, I had my last day of high school classes.  I'm so excited to go on to college in the fall and pursue my dream of becoming a teacher, but there is also a sense of guilt when I read stories like Boloztuya's.  I know that God put me here and put her there on purpose, and I know his plans "work together for the good of those... who are called according to his purpose," but I can't helped feeling ashamed of the prosperity that comes by simply being an American.  Even our rights in this country are, in reality, great luxuries.  I pray that we may not develop an attitude that says, "God blessed me and I will enjoy it," but rather, that God blessed us because his people are in need, and he has raised us up to be extensions of his hands.  Consider how you can use God's many blessings to you as tools to express his love, and click here for Boloztuya's story.

6.0 miles for Boloztuya
63.81 miles to date

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment