Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 18: For Xuan

Today, I won a $150 American Express card in a contest.  I was pretty psyched, as you can imagine, thinking of all the things I could use it for, but no matter what I spent it on, I never would have valued it as the same price of a life.  In Xuan's case, her life was set at $15.00.... only 10% of that!  My card could have bought Xuan and nine of her friends for life!  As you read her story, I encourage you to pray about how God would lead you to give to help girls like Xuan.  Even if you can't afford much, three people giving $5 could save a life!  And even that one life saved at $15 would be worth as many miles as I could possibly run.  It's so easy for me to forget about what's happening on the other side of the world.  This running project has been so humbling.  I wouldn't say it's changed my life in the sense that it altered my lifestyle in a big way, but I've found that there are plenty of simple, little things I can do that will make an eternal impact for the better!  Keep searching, keep giving, keep running.  Xuan deserves it.  Jesus deserves it.  And pray that I may do the same.

Xuan's story

12.00 miles for Xuan
100.52 miles to date!!!
PRAISE GOD for his victory!  It is by his grace alone that I can even lift my foot to step.

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment