Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 21: for G.Q, N.H, and S.O.

On my run today, at the corner of a main road, I was pleasantly surprised to meet my youth leader, Corey, who was also out running.  Not only was it a lovely visit, but she showed me a side road that ran parallel to the route I usually take, but still covered the same distance.  The new route was quiet, beautiful, and much safer than the busy strip I usually run, and I never even knew it was there.

It's easy to stick to our own routines and not realize the happenings on our own blocks... it is for me, at least.  In the same way that I never noticed this side street, none of us noticed the human trafficking taking place within half-marathon distance of my own home: G. Q., N.H, and S.O.'s story.

I wonder if I've ever met these girls.  I wonder if we've been in the same store at the same time.  Maybe we even have mutual friends. 

Keep your eyes open.  The devil's schemes are everywhere, and he's sparing no expense to make sure they fly right under out noses.

6.00 miles for G.Q., N.H., and S.O.
125.95 miles to date

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta
Debbie
G.Q., N.H., and S.O.

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment