Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 20: for Debbie

"I just love cats... and I just want them... I want them in a basket, with little bowties..."  I saw this video today for the first time, and I laughed so hard I almost cried.  I don't know if it's real or fake, but either way, this girl's methods of finding a soulmate are, well, humorous, to say the least.  If you haven't seen the video, click on the link in the first comment below this post so you can see what I mean.

While you may pity this crazy cat lady, Debbie is actually very blessed.  Chemically impaired as she is, she still lives in a place where she has the freedom to find her cat-adoring soulmate.  Debbie has the chance to live happily ever after in the litterbox of her dreams, and if she doesn't like it, she's even free to change her mind.

Just after I watched this video, I read the story of another girl named Debbie.  This Debbie would probably have hugged a thousand flee-infested felines for the chance of the type of freedom that you and I have, the freedom that lets us be our cat-loving or otherwise offbeat selves, and allows us to approach relationships with modesty and dignity. The contrast of these two girls' stories was hard to digest, to say the least.  Please read Debbie's story here: Click here for Debbie's story.

7.16 miles for Debbie
119.95 miles to date

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta
Debbie

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. the first Debbie's eHarmony cat video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc&feature=aso

    ReplyDelete