Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 28, Evening. for Kikka Cerpa.

If you haven't read the book Generous Justice by Timothy Keller, you can feel free to stop reading my blog and get started.  Keller talks of how God, though he is merciful, loves justice and always does what is right, and how, through the power of Christ in the freedom of the gospel, we can imitate God's justice.  God has a heart for victims of injustice.  He rescued Israel from the clutches of Egypt. He struck Annanias and Sapphira dead when they tried to trick the church.  And he will never take his hand off of trafficking victim Kikka Cerpa:

Kikka Cerpa was forced into a life of prostitution after her boyfriend persuaded her to leave Venezuela and go to New York in 1992. "I went to the United States thinking that I was going to be working as a nanny, and I ended up being a prostitute, not by choice," she said.
Cerpa said she was beaten and raped and spent three years working in the sex trade to pay off her boyfriend's debts. 
A customer helped Cerpa escape but then then forced her to become his personal slave.  She lived with him for 10 years and had two daughters.
"I could never leave him because every time that I tried to leave, he said that he would use my criminal conviction and he would have me deported from the United States and I would never visit my daughters anymore," she said.
With the help of an organization called Sanctuary for Families, Cerpa managed to free herself from the pimps and madams who had controlled her life. She sought a court order of protection after her escape, but her daughters were taken away from her and she was accused of being a criminal.

Click here for the source of Kikka Cerpa's story.


3.14  miles for Kikka Cerpa
166.87 miles to date.

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta
Debbie
G.Q., N.H., and S.O.
Anuradha
Veronica
Martina
Shauna
Rosa
Jaycee
Charlotte Awino
Kikka Cerpa

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

CLICK HERE TO DONATE ON THE OFFICIAL WORLD VISION WEBSITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment