Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 29, Morning: for Jana

One of the items on my agenda this week is to fill out applications for jobs on-campus.  It's a little nerve-wracking, but more exciting than anything else.  When I read about Jana, looking for jobs just like me, and when I hear about how quickly the tables turned, I feel way too blessed.  "The thief comes to steal kill and destroy..." John 10:10. 

Jana's story:
Jana, a 30-year-old Bosnian national, also fell victim to an employment scam. After moving to to Slovenia to continue her studies, she attended a job interview with an accounting firm arranged by a newly made female friend.
"The first 10 minutes looked pretty normal, like a normal office and a woman was there interviewing me," she said. "And then suddenly, two men came in and the interview was finished."
Jana said the men dragged her out of the office and when she resisted, they became extremely violent.
"I was raped and beaten many times," she said. "Afterwards, I was taken to some place, blindfolded and repeatedly raped and drugged with heroin for a few days." Later, Jana said she began to receive clients – between six and 10 each day for four months.

Click here for the source of Jana's story.

6.2  miles for Jana
173.07 miles to date.

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta
Debbie
G.Q., N.H., and S.O.
Anuradha
Veronica
Martina
Shauna
Rosa
Jaycee
Charlotte Awino
Kikka Cerpa
Jana

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO WORLD VISION'S FUND TO AID SEXUALLY EXPLOITED GIRLS THROUGH THEIR OFFICAL WEBSITE.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Stephanie, for your passion for Ruby & girls like her around the globe. I have a burning in my heart for girls in Russia in these terrible situations. Because of your story, I made an extra donation. Esp. After I saw you were from MA. My mom's family is from there..even though I am a Texas gal. :-)

    ReplyDelete