Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 19: for Geeta

Tomorrow, by God's grace, I will graduate high school.  As I look back over the past few years, I marvel at God's incredible grace and the blessings he has poured out on me.  I have been in a wonderful Christian school, been blessed with the opportunity to travel all over the US and even to Mexico, made probably thousands of friends, read countless books and received more gifts than I could even begin to remember.  When hard times hit, I had the support of a loving family and a gracious church.  I live in a safe neighborhood, I have my own bed and more food in the fridge than I could ever hope to eat, and those are just the basics!  I could go on for pages about the ways God has richly blessed  me.

But Geeta could only dream about such a life in her teen years.  While I was buttoning up my school uniform, Geeta was dressing in an outfit designed to capture the attention of men far older than her.  While I was doing my homework, Geeta was working the brothel.  While my parents were giving me advice, Geeta's managers were physically and verbally abusing her.  And when I got to rest, Geeta had to keep going.

Click here for Geeta's story

12.27 miles for Geeta (over 3 runs)
112.79 miles to date!!!

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment