Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 29, Evening: for Lannie

Lannie's story has a special place in my heart because Lannie is Filipino, and I work in the home of a Filipino family.  I think of their two beautiful daughters and what bright futures they have ahead of them.  The six year old wants to be a veterinarian one day, and the two year old wants to be a monkey :)  I love their big imaginations and I know that they have every opportunity to make their dreams come true... well, maybe not the monkey one, but I am confident that they have the resources and determination to both have successful lives. 

The only difference between my Filipino friends and Lannie is geography.  Lannie, like them, had a home and a family.  She was a high achiever in nursing school and had a bright future ahead of her.  Then a long came a selfish man who didn't care, and Lannie's future was plunged into darkness.

Click here for Lannie's story.

4.0 miles for Lannie.
177.07 miles to date.

Ruby
Sandra
Berchewkan
Mani
Sophea
Janna
Syowai
Ka
Stephanie
Alex
Mai
Khamta
Adaze
Jayati
Boloztuya
Prettygirl
Theresa
Esperanza
Xuan
Geeta
Debbie
G.Q., N.H., and S.O.
Anuradha
Veronica
Martina
Shauna
Rosa
Jaycee
Charlotte Awino
Kikka Cerpa
Jana
Lannie

Because He first loved me,
Stephanie

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DONATION INFORMATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment